Contributors

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Reflection on week 4

International relations has always been one of my top career field choices, but after our trip to the state department I know, as of now it is my top career choice now. The trip also showed me who I would like to work for, the United States foreign service and I found out I would be able to work anywhere in the world.
Hearing David’s story about helping negotiate the release of the US POWs in the first Gulf and how he had already did something great for America and the American people by the age of twenty four really inspired me. I have always wanted to help my country, and want to do it as best as I can and as soon as I can. I feel that I would be able to do that at the state department.
Also in class we were talking about people not being able to vote because they have work or the polling stations are far away or a combination of both. I wanted to mention absentee ballots and early voting, but I soon found out that these are run separately by states because most elections are for local and state officials, but wouldn’t be great if we could have an absentee system that was run by the federal government, I know some people have doubts about if they are really counted, but I’m sure they are counted.

No comments:

Post a Comment