Contributors

Monday, September 27, 2010

Reflection - Week Five

The class on Thursday about the alien landing was helpful for me.  Sometimes when we talk about the concepts of IR theory in a broad sense in class, it is hard for me to be involved because I just don't do well thinking that way.  It was interesting to see the different ideas on how to handle the aliens, the press, and the public.

The Nationals game was fantastic.  I had forgotten over the years how much I absolutely adore baseball.  I've heard it said that baseball is "10 minutes of excitement packed into 2 hours" but I disagree.  As I was explaining to Ari, the excitement of a game of baseball is in the anticipation.  It's in not knowing how the batter is going to do, who is going to steal, the pitch, the catch... everything is tension.  The stadium keeps up that excitement, and even if the people sitting down the row from you are supporting the Braves, you all have the unity of being American.  And on that note, the seats aren't divided like in football between the teams.  You can sit next to the "enemy" and be perfectly fine!  I like that the stadium is arranged in a circle.  It emphasizes the unity of being American and America's sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment