Contributors

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Reflection on week 7

Having no class on Monday and no lab on Wednesday this week was all about the simulation. I was in the AIAM group which represents international auto manufactures which meant we obviously wanted to abolish the tariffs and domestic content requirements. Before my group and I started researching reasons to get rid of the tariffs and content requirements, my personal viewpoint was to keep them. I never had a real reason for wanting to keep them because I didn’t know much about the issue.

Before I started researching for the simulation I thought that keeping the tariffs and content rules would help keep American jobs. After finding information for my group’s presentation my opinion started to change and I realized that getting rid of these tariffs and content rules would actually help to not only keep jobs here but also create jobs and help the economy out as well because it would lower the prices on cars sold and promote innovation which would help the environment.

Going into the project I never thought that my views would change. I thought it was really cool and am glad that a project for class could change my views on something.

No comments:

Post a Comment