Contributors

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Reflection - Week Ten

5:30 AM - phone alarm goes off.  I whisper to Ari that it was just my alarm, and he still has a half hour.

5:45 AM - I'm almost done getting ready and get back into bed, waiting for Ari's alarm to go off.

5:55 AM - five minutes before his alarm, Ari decides that we're going to mobilize.  Uncharacteristic of him, but something I really appreciated.

We get breakfast, get snacks, and get the first Metro out, that's already packed with people.  On a Saturday morning.  Why?  For the greatest Saturday I've had yet out here in DC!!

The Rally to Restore Sanity and/ or Fear was full of funny signs, people, and some awesome acts.  Colbert and Stewart really inspired me to vote (which I already did) and to tell my congresspeople what I think.  It was also inspiring to stand around the people I did and to get the true rally experience, something I think everyone should have at least once.  After all, "those who stand for nothing fall for anything" (Alexander Hamilton)

No comments:

Post a Comment