Contributors

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Reflection - Week Eight

Wow, it's already October, already midterms, and I've already been to my church weekend AND a Bar Mitzvah this month!  It was nice to kind of slow down, and what an interesting way to do so in World Politics!

I had never played Risk before this class.  I wasn't sure what to expect, other than to be able to chill.  I found myself instead really interested in the game, to the point where I joined discussions about it on the floor, trying to strike deals and work on alliances.  There was a point where Fiona and I had 5 or 6 different people in our room just talking about Risk strategy.  I was amazed at how much people got into the game.

The coolest part about this game of Risk was that everyone has different goals and different methods of accomplishing them.  I was surprised when we allied with yellow (the religious extremists/ New Guinea) because I couldn't see a value in them, but they ended up having a power that helped us tremendously.  Twists like that keep the game interesting and

No comments:

Post a Comment